Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I'm Ba-a-a-ck!



A lengthy absence to take care of personal and legal matters was opportunity to rethink my entire novel. I’m writing faster than I ever have in the past 3 years. I’m finally past 36,000 words of my first draft and I count that as “half-way done” before the enormous task of revising a 92,000 word mess.

I learned something very important for the future - always send a spoiler synopsis in a query letter. In fact, my novel doesn't sound like all that much without a full summary which I have not posted here.

Many of the previous synopses I wrote sounded as if my novel were a simple revenge story, but it would not be doing the narrative justice when it’s really about the grief of love and redemption. So! For anyone who still occasionally reads this blog, Forget everything I said before because my description of the story has changed significantly.


No comments:

Post a Comment